Entering expenses in SpringAhead is simple and fast. Here are the details for:
- Entering an Expense Report
- Saving and Submitting an Expense Report
- Attaching Receipts
- Using the Foreign Exchange Function
- Running Reports
- Other Features
Entering an Expense Report
- Log in to SpringAhead using the login instructions and password provided by your administrator.
- Click Expense in the Navigation Bar. This screen lists all of your current expense reports.
- Click New Expense Report to create a new expense report.
- Enter an expense report title and the date range. You can group expenses as you see fit (by week, month, trip, etc.) or as directed by your company.
- Enter the Date, Expense Type, and Amount or Quantity for each expense and fill out the other information as required by your company. Click Save to record the expense and open a new entry window.
Saving and Submitting an Expense Report
- To save the expense report for additional entries in the future, click Return to List.
- To submit the expense report for approval, click Submit Now.
Expenses can be added or modified until approved by the manager. Once approved, expense reports are read-only. Contact your administrator if an approved expense report needs to be changed.
After saving the expense report, you will be returned to the expense list. Note the status of the expense report in the Status column of the list.
Receipt images may be uploaded from your computer. Images may then be attached to individual expense line items or to the entire expense report.
- To attach a receipt to an individual line item, click on the cog icon to the right and select Upload Attachment.
- To attach a receipt to the entire expense report, scroll down and click Add Attachment and select Upload Attachment.
Using the Foreign Exchange Feature
If foreign currencies are enabled for the enterprise, there will be another field for selecting the type of currency.
- To calculate the expense amount paid in a foreign currency, use the drop-down to select the Currency Type.
- Enter the Amount and Exchange rate; this will then produce the value in your home currency in the Amount field to the right.
- Click Reports in the Navigation Bar.
- Select the report to run, specify the date range and details, and click Run.
- Edit, Duplicate or Delete an expense item
- In the Expense tab, all your expense reports will be displayed. Click on the cog icon to the right of the line item to make changes, as necessary.
- View or Delete an attachment
- In the Attachments section of an expense report, click the arrow on the right to make changes.
- View prior expense reports (can also be accessed by running reports)
- Click on Filters. Check Show Processed, enter a Date Range and click Reload.
- Print expense reports
- Click on the expense report you’d like to print.
- Click View Expense Report at the upper right-hand corner.
- Print using your browser’s print function.
- Change your password
- Click Settings in the Navigation Bar.
- Click Change Password and enter the information.
Importing Charges from a Credit Card Statement
Importing charges from your bank account is simple to get started. Before beginning, make sure you know your administrator has enabled feature and you know your online bank login name and password. Additionally, note that some banks require you to enable Microsoft Money Downloads or Quicken Direct Connect in order to download the transactions.
- Click Expense in the navigation bar.
- Click on an expense report to open it.
- Click on Credit Card Import on the lower right.
- This will display data fields required from your bank to import the transactions. Fill in the appropriate information using the directions below:
- For Account Name, define what you would like the card account to be called in the dropdown. From this point on, the data fields will auto-populate when you select the Account Name. Under Bank, choose the card provider. Enter the last 4 digits of your card in Last 4 of Account #. Type the Login and Password provided by your bank.
- Next, select enter the range of time you’d like to import transactions for under Download Dates.
- Please Note: When importing transactions, the download will not duplicate a charge this is already in SpringAhead. However, if you delete the transaction, it can then be re-imported.
- Next, check the Terms Accepted box.
- Click Download. Once the download is complete, the transactions will appear in the Expense Inbox, with the date, amount, and merchant code.
- Please Note: While the merchant code will appear when you download data, if the merchant field isn’t edited and defined, then it won’t appear on reports. Essentially, whatever is in the box is what appears on reports. If this is important to your administrator, make sure the merchant field is populated.
The right-most column displays the download and incomplete symbols. This allows users and approvers to determine which charges were imported or hand entered. SpringAhead requires an expense type to be selected on the expense detail or the report may not be submitted.
- To move a transaction to the expense report, check the line item.
- Click Move to Expense Report.