If you want to apply settings to all your list data within SpringAhead without manually adjusting each record, follow the instructions below. For example, you want all projects to 'Track time for all time users', or 'Turn on Standard time: Overtime' or 'Turn on Tasks'.
SpringConnect allows to apply settings to either each newly imported data, or apply them to all list data already in SpringAhead.
Accessing the Defaults Setup Screen
- Run SpringConnect.
- Click Options, go to Settings.
- Click Other Settings, then select Defaults.
Creating a Default Settings
- Under List, choose the type of list data you wish to set defaults for (User/People, Projects, etc.).
- Under Field, choose the setting that you wish to set the value for.
- For the Value, set the value you want applied. For a checkbox, input 1 to enable the setting or 0 to disable the setting. If the setting is a date field, enter the date in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- When left unchecked, Force Value (vs new only) will impact only newly imported data (as you add new data to QuickBooks and sync, the default gets applied without affecting existing data). When checked, this setting will modify all current and new records in SpringAhead.
- Please Note: This can be a useful setup tool. An admin may want to apply settings across 200 projects as an initial one-time step and then disable the defaults afterwards by deleting them.
- Click Save.
- At the top of the window, all current defaults and their settings are displayed. Use the New or Delete options to add and remove other settings.
- For the changes to take effect, perform a sync of the appropriate list data.
Important: When using defaults and multiple installs of SpringConnect, be sure to follow the instructions in this knowledge base article to ensure that the settings are the same for all installations. If the settings are not matched, the user may inadvertently make unwanted changes.