Sending Billable Time to QuickBooks Follow
SpringAhead has two options you can utilize for sending time into QuickBooks. If you are using SpringAhead to populate invoices in QuickBooks, timecards may be sent over simultaneously, and the billable flag will be marked as “billed” because the system recognizes that an invoice has been created. Alternatively, you can send timecards over to QuickBooks with the billable flag checked, allowing you to add these hours to an invoice in QuickBooks using the “Add Time/Costs” button.
Using this guide, you will:
- Configure your invoice export to send timecards into QuickBooks as “Billable”
- Review the additional criteria that is required to ensure that time is marked as “Billable”
Configuring Your Invoice Preferences
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click on Settings, then click on My Company.
- Scroll down to the Invoicing section.
- In the Accounting Software field, select your accounting software.
- In the Invoicing Cycle field, select the way you want the timecards to be grouped on the SpringAhead invoicing screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save and Close.
Reviewing Additional Criteria
In order for time to go into QuickBooks as billable, there are a few additional criteria that must be met:
- As shown in the image above, the “No Invoicing” box must NOT be checked.
- The project setting must be set to “This project is billable.”
- Settings > Projects > Invoicing tab
- There must be a bill rate of $1 or greater set either on the person, project, or task.