To set up an Expense Type:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Expense Type in the left-hand column.
- Click Add Expense Type.
- Type in the Name of the expense (e.g. Mileage).
- Toggle Yes for Allow Amount if the employee will enter an amount for the expense.
- Toggle Yes for Allow Rate if the amount is based on a rate (e.g. enter rate here for mileage reimbursements).
- Set the policies for this expense type (Optional).
- You can map this expense over to QuickBooks by selecting an Expense Account or Item
- Click Save.
Now when this expense gets exported over to QuickBooks, you would be able to add this to an invoice to a client by using the Add Time/Costs button.