SpringAhead can export employee gross payroll information directly into Paychex Preview. This keeps you from having to re-enter data by hand and is one of the many time-saving features of SpringAhead. Using this guide, you will:
- Configure SpringAhead to export pay data to Paychex
Configuring SpringAhead for Paychex
There are two items that are required to export a Paychex supported payroll file from SpringAhead:
- Assign Payroll IDs to your employees
- When you enter your employees in Paychex, you assign them each an employee number, social security number, or both to identify them. For SpringAhead to export payroll information correctly, you will need to edit each employee user and ensure that either the same employee number exists or the social security number is correct.
- As the admin, go to Settings, and click on People.
- Click on a user's name that is an employee.
- Within the user's settings, click on the Personal Info tab.
- Enter the employee number in the Payroll ID field of the Identifications section.
- Be sure to save the changes before editing the next employee.
- Set Paychex as your default payroll software
- From within SpringAhead, go to Settings, and click on My Company.
- Under the Payables heading, select Paychex as the Payroll Software.
- Enter your company Payroll ID in the Payroll ID field.
You can verify all your employees have the correct Number assigned to them by running the User Summary report. If you have selected Paychex as your default payroll software (above), employees that do not have either an assigned Number or SSN will be shown in red.
Please Note: Custom time types that are created in SpringAhead may not be supported in Paychex.