If you have special time types, such as PTO or Hazardous Duty Incentive pay, that you would like to map from SpringAhead to your accounting system, you will need to create custom time types in SpringAhead. Using this guide, you will:
- Create custom time types in SpringAhead
- Add custom time types to projects
Creating Custom Time Types
- Click Settings.
- Click Time Types on the left-hand menu.
- Click Add Time Type.
- Enter the Name of the time type.
- Toggle Yes for Invoices and/or Payables, as applicable. If Invoices is toggled to No, it will make this time type non-billable (recommended for PTO, which is generally non-billable to the client). If Payables is toggled to No, it will make the time type not payable to your employee or vendor.
- (Optional) If this time type has special bill or pay rates, enter the appropriate Bill Multiplier and/or Pay Multiplier (the base rate will be used if left blank). For example, enter 2 in the Bill Multiplier section if the Time Type is to be billed at a Doubletime rate
- (Optional) If you use QuickBooks Payroll Items, map them here. On the left, map the hourly payroll item. On the right, map the salary payroll item.
- Click Save.
Adding Custom Time Types to Projects
- Click Settings, then Projects on the left-hand menu.
- Select the project you would like to add custom time types to.
- Within the project, click on the Time Settings tab.
- To add all of your custom time types to the project, check off Custom time types are used on this project.
- To only allow selected custom time types on this project, check off Custom time types are used on this project and Only selected custom time types apply to this project.
- Assign the custom time types by clicking Add Time Type, selecting them from the drop-down menu and clicking the green Add Time Type.
- Click Save and Exit.
Now the assigned time types will appear when a user goes to submit time for this project.