SpringConnect creates the connection between SpringAhead and QuickBooks. Using this guide, you will:
- Link SpringConnect to SpringAhead.
- Link SpringConnect to QuickBooks.
- Identify and modify any settings that are required to ensure that the data in SpringAhead mirrors the data in QuickBooks.
Linking SpringConnect to SpringAhead
- Open SpringConnect.
- Click your Microsoft Start button.
- Click All Programs.
- Open SpringAhead.
- Click SpringConnect.
- The Settings dialog should appear automatically – if it doesn't, click the Settings button from the main SpringConnect window. You will see the following screen:
- Link your account by typing your SpringAhead Company Login.
- This can be found in your welcome email sent from email@example.com.
Linking SpringConnect to your QuickBooks File
- Open your company file in QuickBooks.
- Select QuickBooks in the Software drop-down.
- Click the three dot or ellipse button in the Data File row shown below.
- Select Yes when prompted if you want to auto-select this file.
- Select Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running when prompted.
- If a user selection shows, select the Admin user.
- Check Allow this application to access personal data.
- Click Continue.
- Click Done.
You will be returned to the SpringConnect Settings dialog, and your QuickBooks data file will be filled in.
- First Day of the Week is based on how you manage your business. For example, Monday means your week is Monday-Sunday. SpringConnect will copy your QuickBooks setting. Simply click the button next to First Day in Week.
- Account Numbers: If you use account numbers to organize your chart of accounts, you will want to ensure that Use Account Numbers is checked in SpringConnect:
- Open SpringConnect
- Click Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Check Use Account Numbers.
- Click OK.
- Please Note: This only allows accounts with account numbers to sync. The account numbers will not display in SpringAhead.