You can import time and billing setup data via a simple spreadsheet. In order for the data to correctly sync up with SpringAhead, the project names as well as the first and last names of the employees/contractors must be exactly as it is in your accounting software, such as QuickBooks. It is best to copy the data, enter it in the provided spreadsheet template, and then import it into SpringAhead.
You may upload your file with SpringConnect. Make sure it is saved as a XLS file. Follow these instructions:
- Right-click the XLS file you saved.
- Select Open with… and select SpringConnect.
Your data will now be uploaded into SpringAhead.
To ensure that the info is accurately inputted, follow these instructions on how to extract the information you need from QuickBooks:
- Open your QuickBooks file.
- Click File, go to Utilities, then go to Export, and select Lists to IIF Files.
- Check off the lists that you would like to include in your upload (e.g. Customer List, Employee List, and/or Vendor List for contractors).
- Save the file to an accessible location, such as your desktop.
- Once saved, find and right-click the file and select Open with.
- Uncheck Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
- Click Browse… and find the Microsoft Excel program within your computer to open the file with (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Excel.
- Click OK and an Excel spreadsheet will open.
- You will now be able to see the customer list, vendor list, and employee list pulled directly from your QuickBooks file. These lists also correspond to project names, contractor names, and employee names, respectively.
- Copy and Paste the lists into the appropriate columns in the template (highlighted headings are required).
- Once completed, click File, then Save As.
- Select ".XLS" under Save as type.
- Now you may the upload methods mentioned above to upload the data into SpringAhead.