Using ADP with SpringAhead
SpringAhead can export employee gross payroll information into ADP Pay Expert or ADP PC/Payroll. This keeps you from having to re-enter data by hand and is one of the many time-saving features of SpringAhead. The information below explains how to get started.
Please Note: PayExpert (standard/custom), EasyPayNet, and Run are the ADP platforms that support imported CSV speadsheets. We also have an EasyPayNet template for custom mapping.
Setting up the ADP Software for Paydata Import
- ADP Pay Expert
- Set up the Company for paydata import by opening the Company Options page (Setup tab, Company Options, View/Edit), and select Paydata in the import section.
- Set up the User Profile for paydata import by opening the User Profiles page (Setup tab, User Profile, View/Edit User Profile), and select Import - Paydata in the Utilities section.
- ADP PC/Payroll
- Set up the Company for paydata import by opening the company options dialog (Setup, Company menu option), and select Paydata in the Import section
Setting Up SpringAhead for ADP Payroll
When you enter your employees in ADP, they are each assigned a unique file # to identify them. For SpringAhead to export payroll information correctly, you will need to edit each employee user and put the ADP file # in the Employee Number field. This can be done easily from within SpringAhead.
- Go to Settings, and click on People.
- Click on a user's name who is an employee, and click on the Personal Info tab.
- Enter the file # in the Employee Number field in the Identifications section.
- Be sure to save the changes before editing the next employee.
Next, you can set ADP as your default payroll software.
- From within SpringAhead, go to Settings.
- Click on My Company, and select ADP as the Payroll Software within the Payables: Payroll Export section.
- You can always override the default by selecting ADP or any other accounting software during a Payables download.
You can verify all your employees have the correct Number assigned to them by running the User Summary report. If you have selected ADP as your default payroll software (above), employees that do not have an assigned Number will be shown in red.
When to Import Paydata
When you are ready to create your employee payroll, download the employee gross payroll from the Payables area of SpringAhead (make sure you select ADP as your software). SpringAhead will name the file for you, but make sure that it is correctly named EPIcccVT.CSV, where 'ccc' is your ADP company code (if there are only 2 digits, add '_'). For PC/Payroll, you must save the file to the "C:\ADP\PCPW\ADPDATA" folder where you installed ADP.
In ADP, you import this file during the paydata entry part of the payroll cycle. Typically, this is after you have added any new employees and enter any changes to employee information. Once paydata tasks are complete and all paydata batches are in balance, you create the Payroll Transmission file. If you prematurely create the Payroll Transmission file before importing paydata, you must reset the payroll cycle to allow for paydata import.
You can view or print the log file after the paydata import process finishes. The log file lists the processing statistics, errors, and warnings related to the file that you process. The log file name for the paydata import process is EPIPccc.LOG, where 'ccc' is your ADP company code. For PC/Payroll, this is located in the "C:\ADP\PCPW\ADPLOG" folder.
After importing paydata, remember to verify each of the batch totals using the Verify Batch Totals option in ADP.
Once you import paydata, you may need to change or enter data that, for some reason, failed the import process. To locate imported paydata in ADP Expert, open the Select Paydata Entry Batch page (Paydata tab, Batch Entry, Edit Batch). Then select the name of the batch (VT) that contains the paydata you want to edit in the Batch ID field.
Continue processing payroll as you would normally do within ADP to create the Payroll Transmission file.
For more information on using ADP Payroll, consult the ADP help manual or contact your ADP representative.