Using Paychex Preview with SpringAhead
SpringAhead can export employee gross payroll information into Paychex Preview. This keeps you from having to re-enter data by hand and is one of the many time-saving features of SpringAhead. The information below explains how to get started.
Settings Up SpringAhead for Paychex
When you enter your employees in Paychex, you assign them each an employee number, social security number, or both to identify them. For SpringAhead to export payroll information correctly, you will need to edit each employee user and ensure that either the same employee number exists or the social security number is correct. This can be done easily from within SpringAhead.
- As the admin, go to Settings, and click on People.
- Click on a user's name that is an employee.
- Within the user's settings, click on the Personal Info tab.
- Enter the employee number in the Payroll ID field of the Identifications section.
- Be sure to save the changes before editing the next employee.
Next, you can set Paychex as your default payroll software.
- From within SpringAhead, go to Settings, and click on My Company.
- Under the Payables heading, select Paychex as the Payroll Software.
- You can always override the default by selecting Paychex or any other accounting software during a Payables download.
You can verify all your employees have the correct Number assigned to them by running the User Summary report. If you have selected Paychex as your default payroll software (above), employees that do not have both an assigned Number or SSN will be shown in red.
Please Note: Custom time types that are created in SpringAhead may not be supported in Paychex.
Importing Payroll Information
When you are ready to create your employee payroll:
- Download the employee gross payroll from the Payables tab of SpringAhead (make sure you select Paychex as your software).
- SpringAhead will name the file for you, but make sure that it is correctly named CCCC_ta.txt, where 'CCCC' is your four digit Paychex client number. You must save the file to the "RapidPC" folder within your Preview installation folder.
- Import the data into Preview by running report ID "T0002_32". You will get an Exception Report, which should be blank (any exceptions were not imported).
- The payroll will now be visible in Preview's Payroll Entry screen. Continue processing payroll as you would normally from within Paychex Preview.