If you would like to track additional time types such as PTO or Hazardous Duty Incentive pay, follow this two-step process. First, you need to create your new custom time types. Second, you need to make these time types selectable on the appropriate projects.
Create Additional Time Types
- Click Settings.
- Click Time Types.
- Click Add Time Type.
- Enter the Name of the time type.
- Toggle Yes for Invoices and/or Payables, as applicable. If Invoices is toggled to No, it will make this time type non-billable (recommended for PTO, which is generally non-billable to the client). If Payables is toggled to No, it will make the time type not payable to your employee or vendor.
- (Optional) If this time type has special bill or pay rates, enter the appropriate Bill Multiplier and/or Pay Multiplier (the base rate will be used if left blank). For example, enter 2 in the Bill Multiplier section if the Time Type is to be billed at a Doubletime rate.
- (Optional) If you use QuickBooks Payroll Items, map them here. On the left, map the hourly payroll item. On the right, map the salary payroll item.
- Click Save.
Add Custom Time Types to Projects
- Click on Settings, then click Projects.
- Open up the project you would like to add custom time types to.
- Within the project, click on the Time Settings tab.
- To add all of your custom time types to the project, check off Custom time types are used on this project.
- To only allow selected custom time types on this project, check off Custom time types are used on this project and Only selected custom time types apply to this project.
- Assign the custom time types by clicking Add Time Type, selecting them from the drop-down menu and clicking the green Add Time Type.
- Click Save and Exit.
- Now the assigned time types will appear when a user goes to submit time for this project.